To facilitate obtaining a loan to finance the digital transformation of VSE-SMEs that do not have sufficient means, the France Num loan guarantee is extended until December 31, 2023.
Launched in December 2020 by the State and the European Commission, the France Num Loan Guarantee aims to secure the loans that partner banks grant to companies to finance their digital tools.
The public investment bank Bpifrance thus undertakes to guarantee up to 80% of loans whose amount is between €5,000 and €50,000, over an amortization period between 2 and 5 years, including a one-year grace period. The cost of the guarantee is 0.70% of the loan amount (for example, for a loan of €10,000, the cost of the guarantee is €70). This loan is without guarantee or security over the manager’s assets.
This device is extended until December 31, 2023.
The France Num loan guarantee applies to all companies in France less than 50 employeesregardless of its sector of activity, established legally and fiscally in France for at least 3 years.
Read also France Num: VSE / PME supported on new digital themes
Affected digital projects and expenses
To be covered by the guarantee, the loan must be used for business improvement in one of these areas:
- Relationship with customers (eg marketing, customer experience, delivery of products and services);
- Business development (eg: orientation towards new markets from the point of view of geography and/or target customers);
- IT security (for example: protection of the company against computer attacks);
- Product or service innovations using digital technologies or developing new business models, such as servitization (for example, adding services to products, or even replacing a product with a service);
- Supply chain management (for example: modernization of logistics systems);
- Digital skills and training members of the company’s staff or management;
- Internal business processes (eg: modernization of recruitment procedures, etc.).
This help therefore contributes to thepurchase of materials and equipment and expenses that allow the digital transformation of the company, in the limit of 40% of the general project : :
- purchase of software packages, licenses or intellectual property rights;
- provision of services for the digital transformation of the company;
- training in the use of digital technologies;
- recruiting new digital skills.
They are excludes the following expenses : :
- leasing (or leasing: rent with purchase option);
- transactions intended to finance only working capital requirements;
- external growth operations;
- bullet loans (repayment of capital at maturity with interest payments during the duration of the loan);
- refinancing of outstanding medium or long-term loans.
An eligibility simulator
A simulator of the European Union program COSME (Program for the competitiveness of companies and SMEs) allows you to know whether or not you are eligible for the loan guarantee France Num.
Read also The support plan for companies emerging from the crisis extended until December 31, 2022
Banks associated with the device
Here is the current list of commercial banks associated with this device:
- Credit Agricole SA;
- Memo Bank;
- mutual credit;
- the post office;
By benefiting from the Bpifrance guarantee, banks retain only 20% of the risk exposure.