Work study: what financial aid can you get?

Students in work benefit from many aids linked to their apprenticeship contract: mobility, accommodation, activity bonus… L’Etudiant makes a budget so you don’t forget it.

In addition to benefits such as exemption from school fees and a regular monthly salary up to 100% of the minimum wage (i.e. 1,603.12 euros gross), Work students – apprenticeship and professionalization – can benefit from several financial aids.

Housing aid for students in training: APL and mobile-jeune

If you are looking for accommodation, you can, like all students, benefit APL (personalized accommodation assistance). It is an essential aid paid every 5th of the month to the tenants. It allows you to reduce your rent and have easier access to better housing.

If you are looking for a bail, consider the Visa guarantee, which allows the organization Action Logement to act as guarantor on your behalf : if as a tenant (student, apprentice and then employee), you cannot pay the rent or the charges during the rental, Action Logement will pay the bill.

Help for young people it can also cover part of your rent for the duration of your training. to take, you must be under 30 years old, receive an income less than or equal to the minimum gross monthly salary (euro 1,603.12) and be in a company with at least 20 employees. Mobile-youth help should be requested no later than six months after the start of your training, on the Action Logement platform. She can help you 100 euros per month.

Also read

Help from the regions for work-study students

Most regions in France offer aid for working students. They it mainly concerns mobility, but it can also be related to the reimbursement of some equipment needed for your training. For example, in Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, the free Illico solidaire SNCF card allows a 75% discount on all second-class train tickets: it is reserved for people looking for a job or with a subsidized contract. Very practical to go to your job interviews at a lower cost. In Ile-de-France, the region grants apprentices aid from 115 to 375 euros depending on the level of studies to cover your various expenses: this regional learning aid (ARA) reduces your bill for school supplies, transport and accommodation.

Find out soon so you don’t miss these aids on the website of the regional council of your region.

Also read

Assistance of 500 euros to pass your driver’s license

If you are learning, you can get one help of 500 euros to pass your driver’s license. But to take advantage of this, you must meet certain conditions:

  • Being under an apprenticeship contract (independent of the year);
  • Be at least 18 years old ;
  • Prepare for the B driver’s license (if it is the highway or driving code).

If this is the case, you can go back to your CFA (training center for apprentices) who will inform you of the procedure to follow and the file to be submitted. Once the request has been validated, the CFA will pay you the 500 euros.

The business student card for all working students

This card offers student status to all working students under the age of 26. It is valid for the entire duration of the apprenticeship or professionalization contract.

So allow itaccess to restaurants, university accommodation, and to take advantage of all student discounts, whether in transport, sports, leisure activities, etc.

Also read

Get the activity bonus

As an apprentice, you can get the activity bonus if you are over 18 years old and your monthly salary is more than 982.48 euros net. It is paid monthly based on your situation and perceived resources in the last three months. The request is made via a teleservice or with the CAF or MSA.

The advantages of the company

If you are in work-study in a company with CE (business council), you can enjoy the same benefits as other employees (restaurant tickets, gift and holiday vouchers, transport card, etc.). Go to this committee to get these aids.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *